Friday, May 27, 2005

The Incredible Egg

I recently received a new monthly publication from the baking industry. Lucky for me it is the best issue of the year. On its cover it mentions that it is the 2005 Bakers encyclopedia. And that it is. There is so much information stuffed into this issue I will be using it as a reference for some time.

One article immediately caught my eye as something you might also be interested to see. It is a discussion of the egg. It's many uses and versatility of this magnificant little wonder. I have re-typed a table from the pages of the article for your enjoyment. The table does not have a credit so I am not sure who to mention. The article was written by Jessi Withrow, however, I have a sneaking suspicion this table came courtesy of the American Egg Board.

When I cook I like to know why things happen the way they do. I am trying to understand the effects of choices for ingredient more so I can have better success when I experiment with ingredients. Hopefully this chart will bring you as much enjoyment as it does me.

egg chart