Sunday, June 26, 2005

IMBB #16 - Eggs!


IMBB Eggs
Originally uploaded by foodchronicles.
Viv at Seattle Bon Vivant is hosting this month's Is My Blog Burning event. IMBB is the brainchild of Alberto of Il Forno. Viv's choice of eggs as the feature ingredient had me thinking about an entry all month.

Eggs, as I showed you here, are such versitle little ingredients. I can hardly wait to see the other entries as I am sure there will be quite a bit of diversity.

My entry begins with four simple ingredients. Six eggs, yes I know there are only five in the picture, it was a better composition! Six eggs, 2/3 cup of flour, cup of milk, and a dash of salt.

Turn oven to 350 degrees. Put a pat of butter in your baking pans, this recipe makes 2 pans, full. A 9 inch round will work best. Place in the oven to melt the butter.

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. You don't need to use a mixer, I do, because it's faster. Remove the pans from the oven and split the mixture between your pans. Place back in the oven for 17 - 20 minutes, checking only by peeking through the glass on the oven door. When it has risen and it nice and golden brown, it's done.

Ready!
You now have made your first recipe of Dutch Babies! These are a family favorite, simply to make and so impressive to watch come out of the oven. If, this is you first attempt, don't take them out too soon, as they will rise a lot in the last few minutes. These aren;t the best I;ve made, but they were still delicious!

As you bring them out of the oven you will want to add the finishing touch to you "babies". That being, sweetener - powdered sugar, or a sugar substitute such as Splenda, fresh lemons and butter. three simple things

Add a bit of each to your "baby" and you're all set. This was a Father's day luncheon this year for my hubby!
happy father's day

So Thank You Viv, for the opportunity to show off a favorite egg dish! I really am excited to see what eveyone else has done!