Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Function: Drinks


Function: Drinks, originally uploaded by foodchronicles.

"Make Your Drink Work For You"

That is the leading line at the Function Drinks website. I ran into their booth st the show at the right time. I sometimes think that being tired and overstimulated can open new ideas to you. As I paused to read the info about Function Drinks I was intrigued.

I immediately turned to the ingredient panel. I have seen the hoards of "power" drinks, "protein" drinks and vitamin waters. All or most of them are loaded with carbs and have things in them I no longer want to consume. To my pleasant surprise I was encouraged. I took the information and a bottle of Function: Light Weight and went on my way.

As I was leaving the show, I was exhausted. It was as if I had been a running back for the NFL for the day, dodging hits, turning quick corners, and running for downs. Yes, I was tired. And then there they were. The most marketing savvy group at the show! Directly outside the parking structure was a van, not just any van though, the Function van! They knew we were tired. They knew their opportunity and they seized it. They handed out bottles of the Function: Alternative Energy drink. Just at the perfect time!

I did a little research and now have a perfect alternative to all those other "supplement" drinks. Light Weight is my favorite. For those of you out there battling insulin resistance or diabetes you'll want to take a look at the science behind this drink. Gymnema Sylvestre has been used in India for almost a century to treat diabetes. The research is very interesting and knowing that there are people out there looking for alternative drinks to combat the influx of sugar or carbs, this one hits the spot.

There are others! Go to Function Drinks and see what you'll discover. Tell me which your favorites are!