Thursday, November 22, 2007

#22 Something different

I already gave you a gingerbread cookie recipe. Now I want you to make it but rather than roll it out and cut it into boys and girls I want you to cut it into rounds. Make them thin. You can roll the dough into a log and slice 1/4 inch slices and bake them off. Once you have your round coolies, I want you to whip some fresh whipping cream. Yes. Fresh. It is very simple. Whip it good and stiff, almost to the point of making butter. Then make this:



I've made this with those really thin chocolate cookies. Now I'm going to make this! It is in this month's Martha Stewart Living magazine (where I got the picture, Thank you) and knew this had to be part of the Christmas celebration this month. I think you'll like it as much as me. All you need to do is put a layer of cookies on a plate and then a layer of whipped cream; do that again; and again until you run out of each. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. This is a must! Then garnish it (if you wish) and slice and serve. It's a cookie! It's a cake! It's two desserts in one!