Wednesday, October 03, 2007

One Lucky Person Will Win!

Yes, you read that right. The wonderful Jessica at Penguin Books, a division of the Pearson Company, forwarded a copy of a cookbook for me to review. I love reviewing cookbooks!

My review will come tomorrow, as every good reviewer knows, you must try something at least three times, whether it be a restaurant, a cookbook or a car, before you decide to publicize an opinion. It's only fair to the chef, author, or car builder. Everyone has a bad day, and with cookbooks that includes the recipe maker - me. So in a couple of days I'll have a review for you.

"So, what are we doing here?" you ask. Well, Jessica also included another book I didn't expect. Yes, a second book! Neat. Thanks to Jessica, I am going to share it with one reader of Food Chronicles. All you have to do is make a comment and on October 7th I will randomly select the recipient with the random number generator. So what book is it?



Yes, Courtney Cochran's "Hip Tastes The Fresh Guide to Wine". Courtney is a certified sommelier and founder of Your Personal Sommelier and Hip Tastes events in San Francisco. This handy guide is everything you need to learn about wine and pairings and flavor combinations. She has her own website to learn more also at Hip Tastes. Go visit there for more info on Ms. Cochran's expertise. It is set to hit the bookstores on October 4th, tomorrow.

What's this you say? I don't drink. I don't drink wine. I don't believe in using alcohol at all. It's against my religion. Yes, I know some of you are thinking that. Pish and tosh I say. One you, you never know, you may be asked to go to a state dinner or make small talk with a visiting dignitary. You may have the opportunity to be part of a group of food lovers. You may be anywhere, anytime and be asked an opionion on something, or somewhere. You never know maybe you'll win a trip to Tuscany. Are you going to turn it down because you don't drink wine? No! Well, knowledge is a good thing. It makes you an interesting person. It helps in uncomfortable situations where you don't know what to say or how to start a conversation. There are a lot of people out there who do enjoy a glass of wine. Does that cut them off from you? It shouldn't. You don't need to drink wine to learn about it, know about the grapes, or how they're grown or what grapes are used for certain types of wine.

Are you getting it? So go ahead. You no you want to enter this contest. Leave me a comment. I don't bite, and I love comments.