Sunday, October 07, 2007

After spending too many hours in the kitchen,

I'm opening it up to you. In the restaurant business there's the front of the house (FOH) and the back of the house (BOH), and n'er the twain shall meet. Until now! I will sneak into the kitchen and share the unknown secrets that lurk back there. You know the place where magic is made and then some FOH gets a tip for it. I'll open up the kitchen and spill some secrets. Keep in mind that I spent most of my time in the pastry section, but don't let that scare you. I did keep an eye on those line chefs too! Email me your questions about kitchen secrets. What are the things professional chefs know that you don't? I'll tell you and then some.

Click on the Back of the House link on the sidebar and ask away!

Recently someone emailed me about the pear tart I made. I answered her question and helped her with a dinner party dessert. I even shared my uber secret recipe for dessert tarts. She emailed me back and said the dessert was a resounding success! You don't know what you're missing! The only way to get the recipe is to email me. Yes, that's right, you have to ask.

Do you have an event in the future you need to take a dessert to? Want to impress a crowd with an entree to die for? What vegetable is best for a first time dinner date at your place? And all kinds of other food secrets will be answered. It's all a simple click away!