Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Why blog?

Sometimes I ask that question of myself. If you're a blogger and you haven't asked that of yourself, hmmmmm. I started blogging in January of 2005. I had been reading blogs for about three years at that point and finally convinced myself I had something to say, offer, journal for myself and a million other reasons.

I had read Chocolate and Zucchini, Chez Pim and few others. I participated in a few cooking events and began to establish some readership.

Then came the photobloggers, and the craftybloggers. And the political bloggers. I noticed a few along the way. Kim quickly became a favorite, along with our dear Kathy of Meggiecat fame. I have made some good friends and been inspired by the feeling of well being and community of my fellow bloggers.

Kim has honored me with the latest award program flying through the blogosphere (does anyone really use that word anymore?) The Rockin Girl Blogger Award. I am simply stunned. Food Chronicles is hardly "Rockin" these days. I am focused on trying to convince all of you that processed foods are evil. It is hard to read at times, a bit scary and not something people want to read about. I know. It scares the heck out of me too! But, I have stood silent far too long with the knowledge I have and if I can prick just one conscience a day, I've done my job. I want more people going back into the kitchen instead of the grab and go aisle. Cooking doesn't take that long and you can ensure that when you cook it you know what's in it! That's why I blog. Not for the awards, but yes, I like them, but because this thing about food is important.


But, I digress. Thank you Kim. I do appreciate getting noticed. By the way, I told you I discovered Kim and Kathy a long time ago. I still am impressed with each of them and you need to go see what they have to offer as far as inspiration for your creative life. Meggiecat is no longer posting, but she has kept her blog up so we can use her archives. There's a lot of good stuff in there! I'd say she is deserving of the Rockin Girl Blogger Award too!

Another person I'd add to the Rockin Girl Blogger roster is the quintessential rockin girl! That is Susan and her whole family. She may be the blogger, but the whole family rocks! I love reading about their adventures in music, photography and lives in general. They are a rockin' family!