Sunday, September 16, 2007

Chicken soup


Chicken soup, originally uploaded by foodchronicles.

Sometimes you just need something good, warm and simple. It is easy to make and tastes wonderful. My husband, loving man that he is says, if I opened a restaurant and put this on the menu, it would be a best seller.

So I offer it to you!

What you'll need:

1 whole chicken, or one cut up chicken (free range, hormone free is best)
5 or so carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
5 or six celery stalks chopped into 1/4 inch slices
garlic
Salt and pepper
Noodles, fresh if you know how to make them, or just a good flat egg noodle will work

Put the chicken into a pot cover it with water. Add 2 tsp of salt a good bit of pepper. You want to see it in the water. I add garlic to my first boil as I like the flavor. I use garlic granules.

Boil the chicken an hour an a half, or until done. Remove from broth, cool. Add the celery and carrots now. Let simmer for about 30 minutes. When chicken has cooled, about 30 minutes, bone and put chicken back into broth with carrots and celery. Add noodles, cook until the noodles are done. Serve. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Chicken Soup