Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Random Thoughts

I know It has been a while since I updated. I have not been sitting idly by watching the rain or even the clouds blow by. I have been working - hard. It is good. I take to my bed in the evenings, and fall asleep almost as my head hits the pillow.

In the last five days I have made enough tartlett dough for 750 tartletts and baked 212 of them. Baked a 12 inch cake and a 8 inch cake, slice them in preparation of being frosted, put them in the freezer to chill. Wrapped 300 sets of knives, forks and spoons in napkins. Sifted 10 lbs of confectioners sugar. Ran all over town looking for a transport box for 300 plates. And did all types of other various and sundry things in preparation for this wedding Saturday.

I have also worked full time at the business I manage. It has been a challenge to do both. However, I am up to the task and it won't be all that long until the mangement job comes to an end. I have managed this food production facility for six years. It has been a good learning experience and I have expanded my knowledge base quite a bit. I am glad to see it end, and look forward to new and exciting things in the future.

I will also be embarking on a new production facility in the near future. This time my own. I will journal the process of building, acquiring equipment and employing people over the next year and a half. It should be an interesting journey. One thing I know for certain, it will not be in California. OSHA has made life to difficult for business owners here. I am building in Arizona. The new land of milk and honey, sans ocean views. That will be my biggest regret in leaving California - other than family ties that are here - nothing can replace the calming effect of salt water. Arizona isn't that far away and we will welcome all who come visit.

I will post pictures of the tartlett process more than likely tonight. Thanks for reading!