Thursday, January 10, 2008

Chocolate pudding


Chocolate pudding, originally uploaded by foodchronicles.

From scratch! I cannot get over how good this was. Not as rich as I hoped but still a good treat easily whipped up in 20 minutes time!

I started with the recipe:

Recipe

Then into the pot I added the sugars, cornstarch and salt.
Sugar, chocolate and cornstarch
Stirred them up well and added 1 cup of the milk and the chopped chocolate. Turned the heat to medium and began stirring.
Beginning to stir
Once the chocolate chunks melted, I added the additional milk and continued to stir. You can see it getting darker in color and beginning to thicken.
Just about there

It quickly came to high heat and thickened up well. It got darker and richer looking by the minute!
Done

I pured it into bowls so it could cool down enough to eat. The recipe recommended eating it warm, cooled slightly or cold. We waited until it was chilled and served it with a dollop of whipped cream.

Chocolatey creamy goodness

With the remaining pudding I decided to get creative and took some glamour shots! I put the pudding in some demi-tasee cups I have and took a few pics. With the small tasting spoons, it looked normal size so I decided to get one of my regular teacups and a teaspoon out to show how small they really were.

Perspective 2

Perspective