Friday, May 19, 2006

Shangri-La

I have read the buzz all over the net regarding the Shangri-La diet. There is quite a controversary over the way Dr. Roberts has developed this diet. Sooooooo....

1. I ordered the book.
2. I read the book, the testimonials, the positive and negatives on the net.
3. I decided to give it a try. I have battled with random wieght gain since I was in my twenties. Before that, people called me "ribbon" because I was so thin. Something changed in me when I had children. My body no longer responded the way it did as a young girl. I listened to nutritionists for years, tried to balance my intake, increase my activity levels to no avail.
4. Stress entered in the job world and I saw significant problems with my body.
5. I am going to try Dr. Roberts program and see how it goes. I will track my progress for all of you to enjoy. However, because I don't believe in scales, you won't get a pound by pound change. I will however let you know how I begin to feel and changes in clothing.

I am not endorsing this program for everyone. However, humans are a mass of chemicals and cells. Not the same thing will work for everyone. Metabolism has yet to be understood by anyone, in my opinion. Managing a bakery during this process should make it very interesting.

I'll keep you posted. I'll possibly see you in Shangri-La!