Saturday, August 20, 2005

Which Foods are Best for You?

According to a PRN newswire, Minneapolis has been chosen as the first city in a four city trial of Sciona Inc.'s genetic testing for consumers. You can collect a DNA sample, fill out a diet survey and submit it for evaluation. The pharmacist will then sit down with you and let you know what you should be eating according to the evaluation and your lifestyle factors. The test bases the diet on five factors: Antioxidant/Detaoxification assessment; Bone Health assessment; Heart Health assessment; Inflammation assessment and Insulin Resistance assessment.

This would be an excellent tool to use to formulate an eating plan that would benefit an indivuals health needs. It would seem that this would far outwiegh the guessing game that is called the "Pyramid". I just remembered I have a friend who just moved to Minneapolis! I'm going to call her and see if she'll be a study candidate for us. This might be very interesting! My husband just said he wouldn't want someone else having his DNA, creeps him out. I'm glad he doesn't live in Minneapolis - I'd have to find a different candidate ;-).