Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hello Seth Roberts visitors!

I have been covering Seth Robert's Shangri-La Diet for months. I have not added anything new for a while because I have been off the diet since I got back from vacation. Prior to my vacation I was following the diet completely, even working at the vacation. While on the SLD I lost about 20 pounds in 6 weeks, gained a ton of energy and loved being acutely aware of my eating habits. I did the sugar water version of the diet. My husband is an oil devotee. If you read closely, you'll find that I manage a bakery. A cakery to be exact. It is near impossible to work around sweets 10 hours a day and not consume them. Forgive my indulgence.

One thing you need to know about the Shangri-La diet(SLD). The smell of food can work against you. I get up in the a.m. around 5:30 - 6:00, drink my sugar water and then head off to work. When I get there I am confronted with the smell of cinnamon rolls coming out of the oven. It is downhill from there. I may be leaving my employ soon. I will then return to the SLD.

My husband, on the other hand, has lost 25 pounds in three weeks while carefully attending to SLD. He has found this to be the easiest method for losing wieght and maintaining adequate nutrition to work full time and manage outside activities.

I recommend the SLD. Everyone who has battled with the ups and downs of dieting should purchase the book, read it, and then apply the principles found therein. You'll find a new approach to eating, food and taking the emotion out of it all. Seth Roberts has not paid me to make this endorsement. In fact, I wouldn't know him if I met him on the street. I am just glad he's shared his success with others.

Yes, I am a foodist. I love food. I love the ability that the SLD gives me to make wise food choices and really choose my consumption without the emotion driven eating I have chosen to do in the past. Give it a try, what have you got to lose?

Technorati Profile