Monday, January 31, 2005

On with the Show! The NASFT show that is.

Wow! Last week was a whirlwind. The NASFT show was incredible. Sunday was packed with people. I have never seen so many people at the show on beginning day. Many other attendees I spoke with agreed.

The show had more to offer than the usual chocolate and jelly purveyors. There were many first time exhibitors and a few I hadn’t noticed in the past couple of years. In the next week or so I will focus on some of the businesses I had the pleasure to get to know and highlight a few of the better known vendors out there. There was even a couple of guys I will feature, provide a link to, and begin to be a cheerleader for their company. What they are doing is fabulous.

All in all it was a good week to spend away. The weather wasn’t the best, but it is January. There was more than enough fog for everyone. We did drive up the 101 to get to SF and in doing so drove by La Conchita. It is difficult to put into words the feelings one had when seeing the devastation. My heart goes out to all who were affected by this tragedy. We did sit for a moment to reflect on our good fortune, and the blessings we receive each day.

San Francisco did not disappoint. It was lively and filled with people. At times, I could have done with a few less people to be sure. There was however, an overabundance of families, this visit. I usually don’t see so many and marvel at anyone trying to raise a family in such a concentrated version of a city.

There were over 2000??? vendors at the show. I spoke with many of them and have chosen to feature new companies I am not familiar with and old companies that I love because of their philosphy and willingness to provide consumers premium products that are proven over time.