Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Peanut Brittle

I did make the peanut brittle posted about earlier in the month. It was a quick and easy recipe to make. When they say use a casserole dish with handles, they say that for a reason! The bowl I used got so hot, I almost could not handle it at all.I also used salted spanish peanuts in mine, as that is what the husband requested. I alos added twice the butte the recipe called for. It is delicious!

Pics:

Ready to go

First you mix together the sugar, corn syrup, salt and peanuts ( ileft out the salt because I used salted peanuts). Microwave on high for four minutes; remove and stir well.

Cover and another four minutes in the microwave. Take out and stir again. Add in your vanilla and butter; mix well and cover and microwave another 2 minutes.

Remove cover and stir in soda. Mix well; it will get really foamy.

Mixing in the soda

Now pour onto greased pan;

After the soda it added

spread it out thin; cool completely;

Spreading hot lava

Spread out thin

break into pieces.

Breaking it apart

Eat! Or store in an airtight container like a ziplock bag.

Microwave Peanut Brittle