Saturday, July 01, 2006

Cars!


Cars!
Originally uploaded by foodchronicles.
This was the big cake of the week. We had all kinds of other things going on and prepping for a short week next week. When on Thursday, a couple cam ein and asked if there was any way we could do a cake for Saturday. Of course, the answer is always for how many? They gave the right answer, 8 to 10.

You see a cake for 8 to 10 is simple. I already had four half sheets and two fourteens for that day. The half sheets we all for weddings and they had to be smooth smooth smooth. So I would only do a cake in a hurry if it was for a small cake.

We decided on a flavor and filling and then asked if it was possible to do a monster turck. No can do, we don't have a moster truck on hand. However, we did happen to have a cars theme thingy and did they want that instead? Yes! So I quickly got it figured out and decided to go with the checkered flag theme. It turn out pretty good if I do say so myself.