Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Christmas, Missing Leslie Harpold

Leslie harpold passed away in 2006. For a few years I had enjoyed her Christmas Advent Calender. Her snowglobe was the best ever. This isn't a food post. It's a post about a person I never knew in real life. Yet, she added a dimension to my holidays while stuck in a workplace with internet access.

She brought a bright spot to the working day during the holidays for me. I also enjoyed her wit and creativity. Others knew her personally and the world took pause to learn of her death in 2006. So today I googled Leslie Harpold in hopes that I'd find another person missing her too.

Last year, the folks over at 43 Folders did a series on Leslie. You should click on the link and find out why me, and others, miss Leslie and her work.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

I'm busy and beginning a new job in a new segment of the food industry. I'll be back soon with stories, rants, and images of a new side of food!