Sunday, May 21, 2006

Another mmmmmm.

I am sitting here watching Michael Chirraello (?) make a dessert bar for a gathering. He made his own Ricotta cheese. It looked so simple I am going to have to give it a try. You take:

2 cups whole milk
2 cups of cream
put in a pot to boil. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar and a teaspoon of salt to the milk mixture. Once it is at a full boil add the zest of 8 lemons stir, add the juice from those 8 lemons and stir. Continue to boil until curds begin to form. Remove from heat and let stand to cool. After 30 minutes or so strain through cheese cloth or a good cotton (flour sack type) towel to remove the whey. Voila! you now have made your own Ricotta cheese.

I wonder if this will turn out? I'll give it a try. If you've done it, let me know if it is that simple.